MNSSL follows FIFA rules with some notable exceptions:
Unlimited Substitutions are allowed.
- 3 accumulative yellow cards over a season is a 1 game suspension
- subsequent 2 yellow cards is a 1 game suspension
- subsequent 1 yellow card is a 1 game suspension
- Foul and Abusive Language to an official is an automatic 3 game suspension
- Violent Conduct (attempt to injure) is an automatic 3 game suspension
- Red card for fighting is an automatic 3 games suspension
- Entering field of play to engage referee or player 3 game suspension
- A player deemed to be an 'instigator of a fight' receives an additional 2 game suspension
- 2nd red card for fighting is an automatic balance of season suspension
- 1 red card is a 1 game suspension
- 2nd subsequent red card is a 2 game suspension
- 3rd subsequent red card is balance of season suspension & disciplinary hearing
- Abandoned game $250 fine plus forfeit of points.
- 2nd abandoned game, $250 forfeit of points & two points deducted.
- 3rd abandoned game the responsible team is ejected from the league.
Automatic suspensions are the minimal prescribed penalty and cannot be appealed. The League will issue extraordinary penalty for situations where it is deemed warranted. Extraordinary penalties may be appealed.
Any person who enters a field of play to engage a referee or to join in an altercation is subject to a three game suspension. This is a league mandated minimum suspension and therefore not subject to appeal. It also should be recognized that this penalty will be in addition to any other discipline that may result from the event(s) of that match.
*The League executives reserve the right to suspend, expel, require special bond of, and or fine any player and or team for continuous or excessive infringements of the rules and regulations of MNSSL.
Administrative rules, fines & exceptions:
Millar’s League views our fields as very valuable assets, key to the operation of the league. To protect these assets we ask that all league participants (players, managers and refs) work to ensure that we do not damage any field to the point where it may be closed for rest and repair by the parks department.
Our policy around game time closures is as follows:
- Both teams will notify the league that the game has been cancelled. The league will pay the referee the full fee.
- A referee will receive payment for a maximum of 2 field closures per season. In the event of a forfeit at the field - teams should pay the referee the full fee. The league will refund the team NOT responsible for the forfeit.
- Managers should advise the ref if they believe the field will be damaged by playing the game. The ref will make the final call on closing the field.
- If both managers agree the field may be damaged and the ref has decided to play the game the managers should contact either league president (Roger or Andrew) via cell phone so we may discuss the issue with the game official.
It should be recognized that the league has the capacity to re-schedule games that are postponed due to field closures.
We will not reschedule a game unless there are extenuating circumstances AND the league is provided with at least 1 week (7 days) prior notification. The only exception to this may be in the event of a funeral or other incident that does not allow this period of notification to be provided.
Referees may direct teams at the conclusion of the game to ‘walk the pitch’ and repair any obvious divots or damage that can be repaired at the time.
Forfeits – The league policy on forfeits is as follows:
- Any team that cannot field 8 players by 10 minutes after the scheduled start time is deemed to have forfeited the match.
- Teams are to pay the ref for attending the field. (if the forfeiting team does not attend then the attending team should pay the full ref fee and they will be reimbursed by the league.)
- Teams that forfeit are subject to a $250 fine. A second forfeit is a $250 fine and 2 point deduction. Upon a third forfeit the team will be dismissed from the league.
No goal net; $100 fine
No corner flags; $50
Jersey & short colour mismatch or number duplication; $50 fine
No game ball; $100 fine
No current Millar's League Membership; no play (Any person that participates in a Millar's League activity - game or practice - WITHOUT first purchasing a Millar's League Membership from the NVRC - Valid for the current season - shall be subject to a lifetime ban from MNSSL)
Non-Registered player; Forfeit & $200 fine
Less than 8 players; game forfeit & $250 fine.
Second Forfeit $250 fine plus 2 point deduction.
Third Forfeit - Team dismissed from league
No team list or inaccurate list (2 to be provided); $50 fine
Registration & transfer of player deadline is December 31st. A player is allowed to register on one team only in MNSSL and is not permitted to register with any other team or soccer league either affiliated or non-affiliated with the B.C.S.A. (Intermural, Indoor league and Over 40 participation is allowed but must be reported to the league administrators) Any player violating the above rule will be suspended for one calendar year and fined $200. A second offence of the above rule will result in a permanent ban from MNSSL. The team of the player in violation of the above rule will be relegated 1 division or denied promotion (depending on league standings at the end of the season) and fined $200. The team may also be banned from cup play for that season.
Age restrictions - Over 30's & Over 40's divisions
Participation in the Master's divisions is age restricted.
Players in the Over 30's division are restricted to playing in Millar's League ONLY and may not play in any other competitive soccer league. Players in the Over 40's division may play in other leagues BUT MAY NOT play on other teams that are involved in any Millar's League play Example of this is the interlock play with BCOTS Over 40's teams - A player must play for one team only in those competitions. Teams may grandfather in underage players when they move to the Age restricted divisions. Teams may field a maximum of 3 underage players at any time during the match. Underage players must be within 5 years age of the division Age restriction (i.e. Over 40's players must be at least 35 years old) The league policy of allowing immediate family exemptions has been rescinded.
League fees & costs:
Team participation in Millar's League is by invitation only and subject to annual renewal. League berths are not guaranteed.
League Association Fee; $1000 (includes turf fees, game ball & corner flags)
Per player registration & insurance; $60 (paid to NVRC at time of registration)
Referee fee per game per team; $40
New team performance bond; $250
The League Association Fee (non-refundable) is due within 14 days of the season's first league meeting. Teams failing to pay the fee by this deadline are not guaranteed a position within MNSSL
Note: All cheques are payable to "MNSSL"